The Network Associate and Senior Editor along with their CRG community have now finalised the strategic plan for the coming two years after deliberations online and with one face-to-face meeting in September 2018. Their plans are based on five key objectives that will guide their work until 2020:
- Supporting review production and capacity
- Evaluating Network scope and prioritisation of topics
- Fostering collaboration within the Network and with the wider Cochrane community
- Supporting knowledge translation to increase the impact of Cochrane reviews
- Ensuring accountability and sustainability of the Network
Abdomen and Endocrine Network
1. What is your vision for this CRG Network?
Our vision is that the management of gut, kidney, endocrine and metabolic diseases informed by high-quality, relevant and up-to-date synthesized research evidence.
2. What are the 2-3 key goals including quality and innovations you have planned for this CRG Network?
The Abdomen and Endocrine Network will accomplish these goals by providing support to several Cochrane Review Groups and two Fields that produce Reviews on acute care topics.
- Goal 1: We will ensure the development of high-quality reviews in a timely manner using consistent and improved editorial processes, and will identify capacity-building needs and opportunities to accomplish those tasks.
- Goal 2: We will evaluate the scope and prioritization of Network topics by gathering information about current scope and prioritization and supporting groups to undertake these activities.
- Goal 3: We will foster collaboration within the network with regular teleconferences and newsletters.